- ANDREA OWEN’S NEW BOOK: HOW TO STOP FEELING LIKE SHIT: 14 HABITS THAT ARE HOLDING YOU BACK FROM HAPPINESS.
- THE SELF-DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIORS THAT WE ALL DO.
- HOW TO CHOOSE BETTER BEHAVIOR.
- HOW TO BE HAPPIER.
- Tell the truth about yourself. Shine the light on the parts of yourself that you think are unlovable, that you have convinced yourself that you shouldn’t tell anyone about. We all have those parts, no matter how much success we have. If we haven’t done the work on them, they’re lurking and driving our behaviors.
- Show up to do the work. Think ahead of time about what kind of person you want to be, and how you want to feel and think about everything that’s going on during the work.
- Redefine success. We often define success as winning or something going our way. The only thing that we have control over is what our intention is and how we show up.
- Get out there. To stop feeling like shit, we have to test our boundaries and explore the things that make us feel like shit, as well as the things that don’t.
- Catch yourself in self-destructive behaviors. Some behaviors, like overachieving and perfectionism, work for a time until we start to feel like shit. We all do them but we need to catch ourselves doing them quickly, so that we can choose behaviors that are more in line with who we want to be and that make us feel so much better.
- Celebrate success. The imposter complex is feeling like you’re a fraud, chalking up your success to other people, to luck or to a glitch in the system. Make sure you have a safe space to celebrate your success.
- Always speak your truth. Bold leaders come from a place of courageous action and words. It’s scary, but it’s even scarier to get to the end of the year, decade or your life and realize that you kept quiet because you were afraid.
“Happiness is subjective.”
“There is no right or wrong way to do life.”
“Let go of perfectionism, control, and isolation and choose courage and confidence instead.”
“The best way to get through it and learn is by actually doing it.”