Hey, hey, Bold Leaders. Welcome to this episode of The Bold Leadership Revolution Podcast, and I am your host, Tara Newman.
Today, we are going to be covering that mindset portion of what we talk about. So, we give you the practical side of business strategy, the necessary skills to build your mental strength, and the woo-ish principles to effectively manage your most precious resource, your energy.
And today we’re focusing on mindset and a little bit about energy because this weekend I spent some time stepping back from life and turning my focus inward.
This is a critical component of growth, looking inward, taking moments of time, getting quiet, and looking at your identity. Who are you? How are you showing up in your life, in your business? What are your current beliefs and what are the areas of your identity that you’re outgrowing or want to leave behind?
We can’t look at what we want to achieve without looking at the person who will achieve the things, right?
I want to make sure that when I’m making the well-timed leaps, they are proceeded by a thoughtful reflection on who I am and whom I’m becoming. I make sure that I’m not falling into a rut, doing the same thing that don’t result in maximum impact because that would be the very definition of insanity.
Over the years, I have become lots of different people along the way in my journey. Sometimes that requires me to feel differently and or think differently and or believe differently. When we feel different, we think differently. And when we think different, we act differently. And when we act different, we get a different result.
So I’ve coiled through my journals over the years and pulled together a collection of what I’ve called affirmations, to help you find one or two that you need in this very moment. Because so many times I heard from people that they get stuck in these looping thoughts, in these looping beliefs.
Some of them may be negative or maybe they’re just neutral. Maybe these beliefs just aren’t serving you, but we get stuck and it’s hard to find our way out of the loop.
So when I come in here and share with you these types of, whether they be affirmations, or whatever we want to call them, mantras, thoughts, beliefs, I did this in the five belief habit. I shared some of the beliefs that I have worked on in the past. It’s really to help you break that pattern of thinking and help you see how you can potentially think differently.
So I’m going to give you this list of, we’ll call them bold affirmations and I want you to listen as I read them.
How does each of these make you feel?
I’m purposefully going to leave a pause between AFFIRMATIONS so you can check-in and note what stirs up for you.
SO HERE ARE SOME BOLD AFFIRMATIONS FOR BOLD LEADERS. THAT’S YOU, BOLD LEADER.
- I choose now to step into my leadership
- It’s safe for me to BOLD in declaring my desires.
- I choose now to stop doing things that don’t bring me closer to my ideal life and business.
- It’s safe to let go of what no longer serves me.
- I choose now to let go of memories of my past. They do not define me.
- It’s safe for me to forgive past hurts and release them for good.
- I choose now to focus on the most positive version of myself.
- It’s safe to let go of beliefs that keep me playing small.
- I choose now to let go of all thoughts that stand in the way of me claiming my true purpose.
- It’s safe for me to release self-judgments and thoughts that belittle me.
- I choose now to draw boundaries that protect my energy.
- It’s safe for me to give to myself before I give to others.
- I choose now to impact the world around me.
- It’s safe for me to generate large amounts of profit and to make infinite income.
- I choose now to succeed beyond what I thought possible for myself.
- It’s safe for me to see what is possible and no, it is inevitable.
- I choose now to allow ease and flow into my life.
- It’s safe for me to succeed without hustling and grinding.
- It’s safe to be all of me.
- I choose now to leverage all of my strengths, every single one of them, so I can serve at my highest level of contribution.
- It’s safe for me to be seen.
- I choose now to speak my truth.
- It’s safe for me to be heard
- I choose now to take a stand for my ambition
- It’s safe for me to win my ambition and channel it for my highest and greatest good.
- I choose now to be free from anything or anyone who might hold me back.
- It’s safe for me to think bigger.
- I choose now to move past resistance and accelerate the results I want.
- It’s safe for me to invest my time, energy, and money to achieve these results.
- I choose now to trust myself, to do what is needed, to live a life with great purpose, meaning, and contribution.
I WANT TO READ YOU A COUPLE OF I AM STATEMENTS.
Either I am statements that I have used in my life or I am statements that goes to my journaling prompts, when I need to really shift my energy and to shift into a place of feeling empowered, confident, and like I am owning my role as a leader.
- I am powerful.
- I am bold.
- I am a creator.
- I am worthy.
- I am enough.
- I am peaceful.
- I am healed.
- I am generous.
- I am abundant.
- I am love.
- I am a leader.
So what I want you to do is I want you to pick one or two of these bold affirmations that really resonated with you, and I want you to write them in your journal. I want you to write them over and over and over again because repetitive writing is another way that I feel calms my anxiety at times when I’m feeling anxious or when I’m feeling disconnected to who I am or whom I want to become.
I find that writing something over and over and over again helps me two, create some new neural pathways. It helps me to embody what it is that I want to believe next, for that next level, for that next step. What has me feeling empowered to take that leap? And then spend some time writing it over and over, and over again.
So you can combine this with other practices. I know some of you need to really move, move things through your body. I’m somebody like that too. I’m not saying that writing or journaling is one thing, but it’s part of your process.
In addition to the movement, in addition to maybe being a verbal processor, you can also write these things out because when we write things out, it increases the likelihood and the chances of it actually happening.
What I want you to do, is I want you to pick one or two things. I want you to find me over on Instagram @thetaranewman and I want you to tag me in what you’re choosing to believe right now.
I often share lessons learned on this podcast. It’s one of my favorite things to be able to do and I’m able to do this because of a strong commitment I have to radical self-reflection. This commitment means that every week I’m looking at what’s happening in my business and in my life; the good, the bad, and yes, the occasionally the ugly.
Doing this work allows me to look at my months and even my years with real data, even for the less tangible parts of my business and life. I call these weekly meetings, CEO Debriefs and I do them twice per month inside The BRAVE Society. We do them together. I have pulled together some of these Highlights from CEO Debriefs that I’ve done inside of BRAVE and I’m sharing the best of the best with you.
You might’ve heard a couple of these on the podcast, but I want you to take it a step further and feel what it’s like to do these with us inside of The BRAVE Society. So head on over to my show notes and sign up now to receive 10 CEO Debrief questions you will want to ask yourself.
Plus, listen in on some of the most popular shares that I’ve made. Listening to someone else’s Debrief is a great way to find the language for what you’re experiencing. Get a concrete example of radical self-reflection and learn how to grow your business because it’s oftentimes not what we think.
If you found this podcast valuable, help us develop more BOLD Leaders in the world by sharing this episode with your friends, colleagues, and other BOLD Leaders. Also, if you haven’t done so already, please leave a review. I consider reviews like podcasts currency, and it’s the one thing you can do to help us out here at The Bold Leadership Revolution HQ. We would be so grateful for it.
Special thanks goes to Stacey Harris from Uncommonly More, who is the producer and editor of this podcast. Go check them out for all your Digital Marketing and Content Creation needs.
Be sure to tune into the next episode to help you embrace your ambition and leave the grind behind.
Important links to share: