I’m Tara Newman.
I teach/coach/consult with small business owners.
It’s my goal to help you create significant income and leverage your business to generate real, tangible wealth for yourself and others while using the knowledge and skills I’ve gained from my 20 year corporate career in organizational development, my masters’ degree in industrial/organizational psychology and my years of experience as a business owner.
My clients come to me to help them gain traction in creating revenue streams, proactively selling their services and products, and focusing on profit (I’m a Profit First certified consultant).
As a huge believer in all things alignment and strengths based leadership, I’ve spent the last 6 years cultivating a business, coaching style and life that truly embodies my strengths and I’m going to share some of them with you.
Because as you consider who you want to work with in 2021 and beyond, understanding the person and their businesses strengths are important.
You want to find people who fill in the gaps around your strengths.
I’m an ISFJ-A, The Defender on 16 Personalities
Defenders are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.
I’m an Enneagram 5
Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. SO, I’ve spent a lot of time finding strategies and tools to get me out of my head!
How to fascinate
I’m the victor which is goal and result oriented. I don’t do anything unless it yields me a result or gets me closer to my goal. My goal might be to read a book a week, make a certain amount of money, create a specific family tradition – it doesn’t matter, I use my time and energy wisely.
I’m incredibly proud of my top 5 strengths on the strengths finder which are:
Arranger, maximizer, command, responsibility and relator.
Other important things to know about me:
I love money, and I believe building net worth as a woman small business owner is a radical act and my activism.
Teaching people how to make and love money and use it well is my life’s purpose.
I’m a mama to two teenagers and the years are speeding by more quickly than I would like so I prioritize being a present mom above all else.
I live in the same town I grew up in and enjoy weekly visits with my parents (6 feet apart and outdoors as they are physically distancing)
I’m a homebody who is perfectly happy with a hot cup of coffee, cozy blankets, fuzzy slippers and a good book. My favorite pastime is taking exquisite care of myself.
I’ve been spending my weekend afternoons making all kinds of charcuterie boards and sampling scotch from different regions of the Highlands while listening to jazz and reading a book while snuggling with my two rescue pups Bradley and Bailey.
I work out almost daily in our new home gym with my husband of 20 years, because I’m committed to aging well and being able to enjoy an active lifestyle at 100.
Now that you know a little about me, let’s dive into how we can support you right now as we reveal our late 2020/2021 programs which are ALL open for enrollment right now
This means we have the opportunity for you to speak with me or someone on my team to get the information you need to help you make a decision.
This is a great episode if you’re curious about what it looks like to work with me, in general are trying to decide what’s a good type of program to support your business development or want more details that you might get on a sales page.
There are Three primary ways to work with me and my team:
Our program promise for The BRAVE Society will help you generate $250K in revenue while paying yourself 6 figures and creating sustainable profit so you can generate wealth for yourself and others while doing less than ever before.
As a Profit First certified coach, I walk you through implementing and maintaining profit first as the core of this curriculum. Then we create sustainability by focusing you on generating your most profitable revenue and making strategic business decisions that allow you to increase your efficiency.
We have the system.
We have the process for accountability and results.
You show up and take action.
This program is run by myself and members of my team.
The focus of The BRAVE Society is to help you create:
- Your BOLDEST offer so you know what to sell to get you to $250K
- Gain the necessary sales skills so you can’t wait to make sales.
- Understand how cash flows in your business so you have more than enough to pay yourself six figures and profit wisely.
- An efficient business so it’s easy to run and you know exactly what it takes to grow it.
- The consistency and resiliency required to generate significant income in your business.
- A community of other small business owners who are serious (no hobbyists) about leveraging their business to create more joy, freedom and ease in their lives.
Brave has a quarterly curriculum that supports our 4 pillars — Money, Momentum, Mastery, and Margin.
We teach live throughout the year and then members of The BRAVE Society have access to these trainings, so they can go back, revisit, and continue to implement.
How do you know if The BRAVE Society is for you:
- You have a goal of making a 6 figure salary for yourself.
- You want a simple strategy based on real business acumen. My favorite thing is taking the strategies I’ve used in corporate and putting them in place in smaller businesses.
- You want the support of a highly skilled coach (that’s me) but you might not be ready to work with me 1:1 or in the mastermind.
- With accountability, you’re self motivated and will implement.
- You want to expand your network and get to know people who are running businesses like yours and support each other.
Until 12/31/20, the investment for this program is $350 per month with a 6 month commitment after that it goes to a monthly commitment. You can either pay in full and save two months or pay monthly.
We are taking 10 women between now and 12/31 so if this is something you’re ready to commit to, you can enroll straight from the sales page or book a 20 min Q&A call with me.
If this sounds like you, please go to theboldleadershiprevolution/Brave
Next, we have the Mastermind!
For those of you with BIG goals. If you’re really pulled to make larger sums of money by growing your business to $300k+ and are looking to impact MANY people, you know you want high level, more custom support then let’s talk about our 2021 mastermind.
Our mastermind program is run by me, you will work the majority of the time with me — however, I bring in experts in various areas to support the women in the mastermind.
Some of these consultants have even been featured on this podcast like Josh Kreitzman my CFO, Stacey Harris from Uncommonly More who lends marketing support, Shana Nunnelly who is our resident sound healer, and Jacquette Timmons who in 2020 delivered a pricing workshop for us.
I have been developing and running this mastermind since 2017. What I’m THE MOST proud of is that each year I use my 20+ years experience in leadership development and performance coaching to understand what small business owners truly need to grow their businesses.
I observe, listen, and research the challenges small business owners face when scaling their businesses to $500K to a million plus. Then I tweak and adjust our mastermind to meet those needs.
This program isn’t a course, or worse a mastermind that really isn’t a mastermind but just a Facebook group with access to some web celeb.
This is truly a place where business owners with BIG goals come to normalize what it’s like to succeed beyond their wildest dreams and create new money for the economy by creating jobs, buying homes, investing in their futures and giving back to social causes.
We have a strong commitment to results in our mastermind which is why our clients receive custom support.
Custom support like this includes:
- Hot seat calls with approximately 6 peers to solve your most pressing need.
- 1:1 coaching so you can work through your strategic direction, get performance coaching around leading a team, and profit first.
- Monthly implementation sessions where you completed specific revenue generating activities so you can build the sales and leadership skills required to scale your business to your next revenue goal.
- Weekly email check ins.
- A special mighty networks community with access to your peers
Our mastermind members truly received extraordinary results this year even in the middle of a pandemic and economic downturn.
Before I get to their tangible achievements let me acknowledge how important it is to be supported in this way — this year these women faced new challenges around motherhood, parenting and running a business without much of the support they are used to through caregivers, school, camps and babysitters. However, they had me, my team, and they had each other.
There were times when they were celebrating EPIC launches and there were times that they simply sat in their hot seat and tried to verbally process what was seemingly unprocess-able.
We solved problems that most business owners have never experienced before requiring a depth of knowledge and patience.
They showed up to celebrate, laugh, and cry together as they navigated heaps of discomfort from their own successes, the fatigue of doing hard things, and the joy that comes with being truly independent.
Because we focused on real tried and true business solutions (not some shiny gimmicky tactic), these business owners made real progress in creating something that sustained during a truly volatile business environment.
Their results have been a true inspiration to anyone doing business especially right now. Results like…
- Creating the cash to make a full down payment on their dream home. That means having enough cash for a bank to give a mortgage to a small business owner in the middle of an economic crisis — I really need you to understand what a big deal this was.
- Paying off a collective 6 figures in high leverage credit card debt, so they can increase their net worth.
- Raising their prices to accurately reflect the full value of their offers and programs.
- Using proactive sales strategy that generated significant income anywhere between multiple 5 figures to 6 figure launches.
- In 2019, almost half our mastermind members Applied for business lines of credit from major banks and received them. These are women who until 1974 weren’t even allowed to have a credit card in their name and less than 50 years later are securing business lines of credit for 10s of thousands of dollars, so they can have access to capital when needed to fund the growth of their businesses.
Here are some quick ways you know you are right for the mastermind:
- Your next revenue goal is $500K or $1million + — dreaming big, financially, is exciting and energizing to you and you have clear reasons why this is your desired goal not just someone on the internet said this is the number you should be at.
- You crave being around people who you can learn from vs. wanting to be the smartest person in the room.
- You want to stretch yourself to show up as an expert in your own right even though you might feel like you don’t belong. Let me give you an example here: me and my first mastermind.
- You are looking to get outside your comfort zone and any time you put yourself in a group of people — you will be confronted with different opinions and personalities. Do you see this as an incredible opportunity to grow or do you collapse into your bullshit?
- You work. I know this sounds silly but you have to be able to show up, put your butt in the seat and do work. And the reason I bring this up is because the internet is full of tactics that encourage fake work — busy, non-revenue generating work and a lot of people are VERY attached to the work that doesn’t get results. In order to work with me in the mastermind or 1:1, you have to be willing to stop this.
- You have an open mind, want to learn, and take direction well — I fully help people build businesses that work for them, I know what works, I know what doesn’t work — If we agree for you to take a specific action that leads to the result you want and it feels in alignment for you, I need you to take the action.
If what I’ve shared with you really resonates and you’re looking for an intimate group experience, I highly recommend booking a call with me — you will speak to me directly — and I wouldn’t wait.
Since our spots in this program are limited, they fill up fast.
Last year we were sold out before Thanksgiving because when you enroll early, you can start getting support immediately.
Lastly, we can work together 1:1.
This is the highest level, most customized support. And one of the biggest questions I get is how do I know if 1:1 coaching is right for me vs. group.
I believe I have a unique perspective here because I deliver BOTH.
Lots of time I see blog posts or podcasts on this topic, and they are done by a coach who delivers one or the other so there is an inherent bias.
When you work with me 1:1 via ongoing coaching or Profit First intensives. This is very high level support where we tailor coaching and development to your unique needs.
During our 1:1 time together, we focus on your unique needs in your business:
- Increasing revenue so you have more than enough to pay yourself, profit wisely, and run your business operations
- Creating leverage and scalability in your offers, so they are your most efficient way of working.
- Build a business around your strengths and natural behaviors so it’s energizing to lead.
- Developing your sales process so you close more sales.
- Generate high quality leads so you improve your conversions and create a more efficient sales process.
- Developing a high performing team so you can scale without burning out.
A great example of the results my clients get in a 1:1 relationship is the podcast episode called How to revolutionize your business in the next 6 months with Heidi Jones.
Heidi shares that when we started working together, her business was in dire straits. She built something that became unsustainable, invested a lot of money in things that didn’t work and basically burned it all down.
When we started working together, she started in The BRAVE Society because that felt safe and doable. then decided she wanted to go deeper. Within 4 months she paid down all her high leverage debt, implemented the basics of profit first, gained clarity on her ideal clients as well as her unique process for selling homes and now has more than enough money in the bank for cash flow, expenses, and to pay herself. Not only that, she’s now building wealth by making personal investments and has no debt.
I’m also talking to Erin O’Malley on a podcast that airs October 27, and we will be sharing Erin’s journey and specifically how she chose the right business coach for her.
The reason I do these case study podcast episodes is to help you understand the challenges you might be facing so you have the language to talk about them as well as normalizing things like debt, overspending on investments that don’t pan out, why you might be struggling to actually put your butt in the seat and work, as well as how ONE moment can transform everything so you gain the momentum you desire.
Here are 3 reasons why you would want to choose 1:1 work over a different type of program:
- It’s simply how you learn and develop the best. You like focused time with one person and you’re willing to invest at that level to be at your best.
- You’re needing to do some deep, concentrated work to achieve a hyper specific goal.
- You are looking for a business partner but don’t want to give up ownership in your company. This is why I hire coaches and I’m working with two right now in this capacity — one I work with on a very in depth basis around certain growth strategies — we have different strengths, but we have the same shared goal. I love this relationship, I can’t wait to pay her every month, and I don’t really want to do business alone right now. I want a partner to brainstorm, debrief, help me see what I’m not seeing and make sure I’m always leaning into my edge. A second business coach I have acts more like a board of directors. We meet less frequently, and she’s typically my “oh shit call” or my “phone a friend” She’s helped me navigate some serious challenges this year and has supported me making hard decisions. Her guidance in those moments are invaluable.
If any of these three sound like you, head to theboldleadershiprevolution/contact and fill out an application to get on a call with me where we can discuss if working together 1:1 is the best fit for you.
I currently have TWO slots open to work with me in 2021.
I open 1:1 slots through the year as they become available, and keep a waitlist if I don’t have a spot available.
Many of my 1:1 clients continue working with me for extended periods of time due to the level of support and results they get.
Even if you’re not sure if you’re ready, I highly encourage you to have a conversation with me so we can get to know each other and assess whether we would work well together.
I hope you found this episode helpful.
We have a number of podcasts episodes coming out like the episode with Heidi Jones to help you get the information you need to make a decision about your 2021 support.
Even if you won’t be working with me, I want to encourage you to start thinking about this now so your buying decision is driven by discernment and intentionality and not by impulse or shiny object syndrome in a moment where your confidence is flailing.
Start your research early, ask good questions (we cover this in an episode on October 27 with Erin O’Malley) and give yourself the time to plan for the growth you want to see in your business.
The ONE action I want you to take from this podcast episode is to either DM me with your questions on Instagram, I’m @thetaranewman OR fill out an application to hop on a call with me by going to theboldleadershiprevolution.com/contact
Important links to share:
Listen in on CEO Debriefs and Get 10 BOLD Questions for your own debrief.
Help more Bold Leaders find this podcast by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts